As Maldives is preparing to welcome the world from 15th July, Maldives Airports Company Limited (MACL) has revealed the international airlines resuming dates to Maldives.
– Qatar Airways – Doha/Male’/Doha – 15th July to 24th October
– Emirates – Dubai/Male’/Dubai – 16th July to 21st August
– Etihad Airways – Abu Dhabi/Male’/Abu Dhabi – 18th July to 28th July
– Gulf Air – 2nd August to 21st October
– Hong Kong Airlines – Hong Kong/Male’/Hong Kong – 1st August to 24th October
– IndiGo – 10th August to 24th October
– Silk Air – Singapore/Male’/Singapore – 1st August to 24th October
– Singapore Airlines – Singapore/Male’/Singapore – 1st August to 24th October
– Srilankan Airlines – Colombo/Male’/Colombo – 1st August to 24th October
Edelweiss Air – Zurich/Male’/Zurich – 24th September to 22nd October
Turkish Airlines – Isranbul/Male’/Istanbul – 1st October to 23rd October
Passengers requested to be at airport four hours before flight
Passengers are required to attend the airport around four hours before their flight, MACL announced.
With the “new normal” measures in place, procedures at the airport will be prolonged and passengers will only be allowed to enter airport after thermal scans.
“HPA guideline says to fill out an online form and to obtain an IR code before moving on to arrival and departure,” an official of MACL said. “Due to such additional measures, we request passengers to arrive at the airport four hours before their flight.”
MACL Offers Discounts For International Airlines
MACL has also offered discounts from ground handling, landing, navigation and parking charges to all the international scheduled airlines. The incentive package is divided into 3 slabs which will start from 15 July 2020 and will continue till 26 March 2021 as follows:
– Operation starting period of slab 1, starts between 15th July & 31st August 2020 with a 100% discount. This is applicable from 15th July to 27th October 2020.
– Operation starting period of slab 2, starts between 1st September & 27th October 2020 with a 75% discount. This is applicable from 1st September to 27th October 2020.
– Operation Starting period of slab 3, starts or continues after 28th October 2020 with a 50% discount. This is applicable from 28th October to 26th March 2020.
MACL revealed that these incentives are to ease and assist the resumption of airlines, encouraging them to start its operations to produce a substantial inflow of tourists to boost up Maldives tourism.
Guidelines for International Airlines
The Maldives Civil Aviation Authority has also revealed mandatory guidelines for airlines to follow when borders reopen in July. The circular by the authority reads that an online health declaration form must be filled out travelers that arrive to the nation 24-hours before their arrival.
Travelers must also wear masks which is subject to exceptions. Health circumstances, children below the age of six, and in-flight dining, as well as specific instructions by flight crews permitting the removal of the mask, are exceptions to the mask rule.
The circular also stated that travelers have to inform the immigration authorities if any symptoms of COVID-19 are identified. If the passenger is an outbound traveler, any health requirements issued by the country of travel must also be completed. Symptomatic individuals must also inform the HPA before they depart from the country.