World Travel Market or WTM London is one of the biggest global events for the travel industry where professionals from the domain of travel and tourism come together to meet industry professionals and strike business deals. This year WTM will be held on 5th – 7th November 2018.
So according to Jayne from girltweetsworld, a lifestyle and travel blogger here’s the top tips that will help you make the most of WTM London 2018 whether you’re an exhibitor, visitor or blogger.
How exhibitors can make the most of WTM London
1)Share your big idea and win £5k worth of marketing activity – Exhibitors are invited to upload a 30-second video to Instagram discussing their latest product innovations, destination news or BIG travel ideas for a chance to win exclusive promotion and in-show marketing during the three-day event. This is an unrivaled opportunity to promote your business. 3 lucky winners will be selected from the exhibitors. Just enter and share your video on Instagram using the hashtag #ideasarrivehere.
2)Sign up to Speed Networking – In addition to all the social media networking, WTM also has two-speed networking sessions where exhibitors can meet with a selection of 150 buyers in 5-minute mini-meetings. For £125 you get guaranteed access to 2 Buyer’s Club Speed Networking Sessions.
Tips for visitors attending WTM London
According to Jayne from girltweetsworld, these are the Conferences you can’t miss :
1)Must-have web technologies for 2019 – Paul Richer of Genesys homes in on three affordable, must-have technologies for 2019.
2)Capture your youth – Find out who are successfully marketing to generation XYZ and how you too can ‘capture your youth’.
3)Working with Influencers – Working with content creators to sell the experience, not just the product.
4)100 Years of Suffragettes: International perspectives for the Travel Industry – A special debate to mark the 100th Anniversary of British women gaining the right to vote, looking at the fight for women’s rights today in areas such as the #metoo movement and gender pay gaps.
Advice for bloggers attending WTM London
WTM London is the industry event you don’t want to miss if you are travel blogger because rarely you’ll find so many travel experts and brands in one room.
These are the top tips for travel bloggers at WTM.
1) Firstly, register to attend as a verified media clearly accrediting your work
2) Next, sign up to the Digital Influencers’ Speed Networking. There are spaces for 120 digital influences to meet one-on-one with tourist boards and travel brands who are keen to partner with bloggers
3) Put your name down for the evening social events that are a great opportunity to network with peers. Two of the biggest events include Traverse Mingle and Travel Massive’s annual WTM event.
4) As many travel brands and PR agencies attend WTM it’s also a great time to touch base with contacts you already have.
5) Don’t forget to print additional business cards. You’ll need a good chunk of them!
6) Finally, update your Media Kit and consider making up a short 1-pager with stats to show on your screen during meetings