Fly with Maldivian Airline to & from Bangkok in August
Maldivian, the national airline of Maldives is operating a flight to and from Bangkok on the 20th of August. Tickets of the flight are non-refundable and need to be purchased before the 15th of August. Passengers would require Thailand visa to travel.
The airline advises everyone to be mindful while travelling and to take preventive measures to protect yourself and others from COVID-19.
Before Your Flight
- Avoid travel if you are feeling unwell and experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
- All passengers are required to wear masks while at the airport and in-flight. The airline recommends you to bring your own masks to ensure the best fit.
- Only passengers will be allowed to enter the airport terminal except for unaccompanied minors and passengers with reduced mobility requiring assistance.
- Use online check-in service to avoid queues and reduce interactions at the airport.
- All international passengers travelling to and from the Maldives are required to submit the online Traveller Health Declaration within 24 hours prior to travel.
- Install and use the contract tracing app “TraceEkee” when travelling.
Check-in and Boarding
- All passengers and staff will undergo temperature screening at the airport.
- Check-in counters at airports are fitted with protective screens.
- The staff will be equipped with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE); masks and gloves.
- Markings are placed on floors and seating areas to assist passengers to maintain a safe distance from each other while at the airport.
- Hand sanitizes are available in common areas of the airports.
- Frequently touched surfaces at the airport such as seats, counters, lounges, handles, trolleys and baggage belts are regularly cleaned and disinfected.
- For ease of movement, the airline recommends passengers to carry small cabin baggage.
- Passenger capacity in transfer vehicles are reduced to maintain physical distancing and vehicles are disinfected after every trip.
- Passengers will be boarded to the aircraft in small groups to maintain physical distancing.
On Your Flight
- Wear a mask at all times throughout the flight except for eating and drinking.
- Temperature screening is conducted for all flight crew and cabin crew.
- The cabin crew would be equipped with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE); masks, gloves and goggles/face shields.
- Onboard services will be limited to minimize interactions.
- The airline recommends passengers to limit your movements inside the aircraft to reduce contact.
- The Airbus aircraft are equipped with HEPA filters (High-Efficiency Particulate Arrestors) which removes 99.9% of microbes and dust particles from the cabin air. The air is fully refreshed every two to three minutes.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection of all aircraft are carried out after each flight, using health authorities approved cleaning products. In addition, aircraft lavatories are disinfected during the flight.
- If you feel ill during the flight, inform the cabin crew immediately and seek medical assistance.
Maldivian has also resumed domestic operations in the Maldives from 1st July 2020. Passengers are advised to take precautionary measures in accordance with the guidelines by Health Protection Agency (HPA) and island councils.