Marriott’s Introduces Flexible Cancellation Policy Amid COVID-19
In response to changing marketplace conditions, Marriott International is ensuring its customers experience flexibility during these challenging times.
For all Marriott International hotels world-wide, they have implemented the following policies:
- For guests with existing reservations for any future arrival date, including reservations with pre-paid rates that are typically more restrictive, they will allow full changes or cancellation without a charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival,* as long as the change or cancellation is made by June 30, 2020. Please note that any changes to existing reservations will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
- For guests making new reservations for any future arrival date, including reservations with pre-paid rates, between today and June 30, 2020, Marriott hotels will allow the reservation to be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before scheduled arrival date.* Please note that changes to the reservation will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
Marriott informs that this policy does not apply to travel associated with a Group bookings. For guests with Group reservations (e.g., for meetings, events or conferences), they have to review the booking rate rules and contact the group organizer for more information.
- Some exclusions may apply. May exclude periods with special event restrictions or peak demand weeks. Please refer to the property’s Rate Details for applicable terms or exceptions, if any, when booking or changing reservations.
- Individual (transient) guestroom reservation refunds of any kind (e.g., cash or credit voucher) may take up to 90 days from the date of cancellation to be processed. The form and timing of refund may be subject to applicable laws where each hotel is located.
- Design Hotels and Homes & Villas by Marriott International (HVMI) are excluded from this policy. HVMI-specific cancellation guidance is available here.
- Marriott Vacations Worldwide (e.g., Marriott, Sheraton and Westin Vacation Ownership resorts) is included in this policy for transient reservations only. For owner occupancy reservations, or if you received a rental cancellation notice, please visit http://hub.vacationclub.com.
- For group organizer questions on terms and conditions of group contracts, please contact the hotel.
Marriott Maldives properties include:
– W Maldives
– Sheraton Maldives
– The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort
– JW Marriott Maldives Resort & Spa
– The Westin Maldives Miriandhoo Resort